Terms and Conditions of Enrolment at Edinburgh Design School
01.Our classes are almost always fully booked with waiting lists so please think carefully before booking a class. We cannot offer refunds or swap places onto other classes once a booking has been made. If you miss a class, we can’t give you another as a replacement.
02. We reserve the right to cancel a course at any time. In the event that this is during a course then the fees for the remaining weeks will be refunded. If this is before the course planned start date, then we will refund the
course fee and book you on to another class depending on your choice. If for any reason we need to postpone a class, we will simply add it on at the end of the class block.
03. Full course fees should be paid at the time of booking via our web booking. You can request a refund if you mail us no later than 14 days before the course start date.
04. If fees are not paid under the terms, the school will have the right to re allocate your place.
05. Applicants must adhere to the school rules. These will be outlined at the of the course by your tutor and are important for your safety in the studio.
06. If the school considers a student’s behaviour to be unreasonable then we reserve the right to refuse entry to further classes without a refund of fees or deposit.
07. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage of personal property or injury on our premises.
08. Students studying on our SQA certificate courses are required to have a minimum of 80% attendance.
09. Students studying on our SQA certificate courses are required to submit candidate evidence on time and as set out in the design brief.
10. If we do not have the required numbers to run the class by the advertised date then we will wait a maximum three weeks to reach the minimum number. If by that time we still do not have the minimum number then we will offer a full refund or transfer to another course.
11. Health and safety is a priority in our studios so you will be expected to participate in a clean down at the end of each session. The biggest threat to health in any ceramics studio is airborne Silica (breathing in clay dust). Clean down at the end of each session is a vital part of ceramics practice and embedded in all our courses as Safe studio Working Practice training. Your tutor Introduce and will guide this.
12. We are unable to store work for extended periods of time so we ask that all work is collected within three to four weeks of firing. This will be three weeks after the course has completed. Please come to collect in the same class time and day you attended. Your tutor will be there and can help you find your work.
13. All work must be completed decorated, glazed, and ready for firing on the last session of your course.
14. To move between course levels you will have completed the level prior to the one you are applying for either with us or the equivalent in another studio.
15. Our classes are busy and often book quickly so if you want to book the same class again or a class at another level please book early to avoid disappointment.
16. Booking with us means that you agree to our terms and conditions.