Terms & Conditions
Edinburgh Design School Privacy Statement
This policy outlines the information we collect from you and what we do with it.
Edinburgh design school considers your privacy to be extremely important.
We will not store or share your data unless we need to. Your information will be stored securely and used to communicate with you about the course you are enrolled on or future courses you might be interested in.
We will not share your data with third parties except for the purposes of registration and certification.
We have a set of fundamental principles that we follow in relation to your personal information:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it.
- Your contact details will be shared internally with staff and externally with awarding organisations as appropriate.
- As a student your data is inherently yours, and it’s our job to keep it safe. We never market or share your data without implicit consent.
- We will share your data with SQA or other appropriate awarding bodies.
- We will share your name if we are using images of you or your work to promote the school our courses and activities unless you ask us not to do so.
- As a customer (making a booking), your credit card is not stored on our systems. Your personal information is protected and is only made available to the operator accepting the booking.
- We safeguard all data collected.
Cookies and Other Technology Used to Collect Information
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your hardware, through your web browser or app, to (a) speed your navigation on the Service, (b) recognize you and your access privileges, (c) track your usage and preferences of the Service, (d) detect the existence of any cookies previously set by our server, and (e) identify certain information on how and when you accessed the Service such as type of browser, operating system, domain names, IP addresses and the like. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of this Service (disabling cookies may prevent proper functioning of certain parts of the Service), and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
This policy was last updated October 2017
Terms and Conditions of enrolment at the Edinburgh Design School
01. If someone else other than the applicant is paying fees then please send us their name and contact details at the time of booking.
02. All courses must be paid for two weeks prior to the class start date.
03. Our classes have a minimum number of 7 and a maximum number of 12 and book quickly. They almost always have a waiting list. If you have not paid for a class your place may be offered to another student. We can’t roll over classes or offer refunds once places have been taken so please think carefully before committing to a class.
04. Applicants must adhere to the school rules as outlined at the start of each course.
05. If fees are not paid under the terms, the school will have the right to re allocate the place.
06. Introduction course fees should be paid at the time of booking. You can pay a deposit of £50 for Foundation courses to secure your place with the balance paid two weeks before the course is planned to start. This will be returned if the school cannot offer a place. Deposits are not refundable but you can rebook on to a future course if you can’t make your original booking.
07. If the school considers a student’s behaviour to be unreasonable then we reserve the right to refuse entry to further classes without a refund of fees or deposit.
08. A student may terminate the agreement 10 days before the course start date.
09. We reserve the right to cancel a course at any time. In the event that this is during a course then the fees for the remaining weeks will be refunded.
10. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage of personal property on our premises.
11. Students studying on our SQA certificate courses are required to have a minimum of 80% attendance.
12. Students studying on our SQA certificate courses are required to submit candidate evidence on time and as set out in the brief.
13. If we do not have the required number to run the class by the advertised date then we will wait a maximum three weeks to reach the minimum number. If by that time we still do not have the minimum number then we will offer a full refund.
14. Health and safety is a priority in our studios so you will be expected to participate in a clean down at the end of each session. This is part of our Safe studio Working Practice training and is a key part of each session. Your tutor will guide this.