Edinburgh Design School Privacy Statement
This policy outlines the information we collect from you and what we do with it.
Edinburgh design school considers your privacy to be extremely important.
We will not store or share your data unless we need to. Your information will be stored securely and used to communicate with you about the course you are enrolled on or future courses you might be interested in.
We will not share your data with third parties except for the purposes of registration and certification.
We have a set of fundamental principles that we follow in relation to your personal information:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it.
- Your contact details will be shared internally with staff and externally with awarding organisations as appropriate.
- As a student your data is inherently yours, and it’s our job to keep it safe. We never market or share your data without implicit consent.
- We will share your data with SQA or other appropriate awarding bodies.
- We will share your name if we are using images of you or your work to promote the school our courses and activities unless you ask us not to do so.
- As a customer (making a booking), your credit card is not stored on our systems. Your personal information is protected and is only made available to the operator accepting the booking.
- We safeguard all data collected.
Cookies and Other Technology Used to Collect Information
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your hardware, through your web browser or app, to (a) speed your navigation on the Service, (b) recognize you and your access privileges, (c) track your usage and preferences of the Service, (d) detect the existence of any cookies previously set by our server, and (e) identify certain information on how and when you accessed the Service such as type of browser, operating system, domain names, IP addresses and the like. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of this Service (disabling cookies may prevent proper functioning of certain parts of the Service), and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
This policy was last updated October 2018